Monday, February 23, 2009

Farewell to Grandma and Grandpa J

Grandma and Grandpa had their farewell this weekend. They reported to the MTC this morning in preparation for their mission to Russia Rostov-na-Donu.

The talks they gave in sacrament meeting were incredible. I could feel the spirit and I cried like a baby. Partly because I was going to miss them and partly because the talks were so uplifting and full of profound teachings.

It was a big party after sacrament meeting. Aunt Marilyn was so nice to entertain Zander for us. That sure is a big job!!!

Garrett and Steve were little and big helpers in the kitchen getting ready for dinner.

And Stockton... well, Stockton entertained us all!

One of my favorite things is having Sunday dinner with Grandma and Grandpa J. Joyce is an excellent cook and John is fun to chat with!!! It was nice to have most of the family together for a delicious dinner on such a delightful day.

This was the rest of our weekend.....

Stockton and Conner played basketball.

Friday I got to go to my first hockey game! The Grizzlies won. I even got to see a penalty shot. It was a lot of fun!

Zander, Stockton, and Gar came with us. It was their first hockey game too. I think they had a good time! Conner was at his first scout camp-out. Megan was working on a science fair project. We missed them!

It was nice weekend!

No comments: