Tuesday, April 30, 2013
We gotta support our local business.... right?
The first snowcone shop to open in the area. We made a trip out of it with a 3 mile bike ride!!!
Monday, April 29, 2013
I remember doing this with my sisters years ago! Glad to see the boys have a sense of adventure!!
Saturday, April 27, 2013
Another fantastic season of Flag Football!!
Niel helped coach the offense this year! Woot!!
Even though Zander isn't old enough to play, he came to every game and cheered. The donuts after the games were his favorite!
Stocks played some mean Center for every game. Way to go Stockton!
Conner's team earned themselves first seed in the finals. It was unfortunate they lost their first game in the playoffs. He still had fun and played hard!
Saturday, April 20, 2013
NCAA Family Winner
This years big winner for our family NCAA bracket is.....
It's out to eat at Chinese Buffett
Thursday, April 11, 2013
What the ......
Seriously? Does this really have to happen?
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
Advice from a 90 Year Old
I usually do not post "other things" outside of my daily life, but I read this article and REALLY liked it. These are things I want to remember!
Written by Regina Brett, 90 years old, of the Plain Dealer, Cleveland , Ohio .
"To celebrate growing older, I wrote the 42 lessons life taught me."
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short – enjoy it..
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Stay true to yourself.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. Save for retirement starting with your first pay check.
9. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
10. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
11. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
12. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
13. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it...
14 Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
15. Get rid of anything that isn't useful. Clutter weighs you down in many ways.
16. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
17. It's never too late to be happy. But it’s all up to you and no one else.
18. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
19. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
20. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
21. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
22. The most important sex organ is the brain.
23. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
24. Frame every so-called disaster with these words 'In five years, will this matter?'
25. Always choose life.
26. Forgive but don’t forget.
27. What other people think of you is none of your business.
28. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
29. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
30. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does..
31. Believe in miracles.
32. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
33. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
34. Your children get only one childhood.
35. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
36. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
37. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
38. Envy is a waste of time. Accept what you already have not what you need.
39. The best is yet to come...
40. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
42. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift."
Sunday, April 7, 2013
Spring Break Video
Vacation wouldn't be complete without a video! All the pictures posted and more.... just in case you didn't get enough all ready! :)
Saturday, April 6, 2013
Las Vegas 2013
Relay races at Tahiti Village - 2nd and 3rd place!!
We did a lot of swimming! The weather was perfect!!
We ran into a ton of friends. Blake Smith and Family. Tanner Templeton and Family. Then a bunch of random friends the boys knew.
My sisters sending me picture texts! This is what we do when we are bored and try to entertain each other!!
Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for the fun trip!!!
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
Zion's Day 2
The it is off to Vegas!!
We stopped off at the factory shops and happened to run into these two lovely ladies. Funny things was.... Conner was buying Bailey (the one in the middle), a birthday present right at that exact moment. TOO FUNNY!