Monday, April 28, 2008

Happy Birthday G!



Dear G,

It doesn't seem that long ago I was calling you "little g" and you had to correct me, saying "Mom, I am not little anymore. Call me Big G." You are right, you sure big now.
This year you have grown leaps and bounds. We have so much fun together. I love your excitement to try everything. You jump right in with the big boys and play football, baseball, football, and basketball. You absolutely do not like to lose. Your competitive nature is amusing to witness at times. You are tough and rough.... and quick too!
It was hard for me to watch my little boy heading off to school this year. Even though you were slightly afraid to enter school this year, you were so very brave. Dropping you off at school was a memory for me to remember. I could tell you were scared, but you were determined to do it. I put you in your chair, sat with you for a little while and then told you I had to go. You had a small tear in your eye, but you looked at me with those brave eyes and told me good-bye. When I got to the door you quickly glanced my way and blew me a kiss.... then you turned around and were ready to face your world. I am so proud of you!
When others talk about you, they comment on your happy smile and desire to be kind to others. Those are excellent traits to have at such a small age. I love to be near you. I love starting my day and ending my day with your sweet hugs and your beautiful smile. You are such a handsome little man.
Happy Birthday! Thank you for brightening my life!! I love you very much!

Love,
Mom

5 comments:

Emily said...

I love that you put these slide shows together. They will be treasured for years and years to come!

Silver Back said...

G man...You have turned into such a fun kid to be around. Your happy smile and willingness to try anything are so great. I hope you have a great birthday, and thanks for bringing so much happiness into our home.

Kristy Dean said...

I love these amy !! your an amazing mom!! and your kids are so dang cute!!! :)
Happy Birthday G!!

Brooke said...

Oh GaRRet, Happy Birthday! I wish Bryn was here to type this with me. She will go on and on about you. Just wait....You are such a fun person to be with. I love that you take such great care of Bryn. I love that her and I get to be with you on Tuesdays and Thursdays! YOU ARE THE BEST!! I love you! Love, BRooke

Rick...the meek and mild said...

G-man. You are getting bigger everyday. I look forward to the days we spend together every week. Thanks for being a wonder bright spot in my life....grandpa