Sunday, January 17, 2010

Fridgid 5K

What crazy people run a 5K in 23 degree weather?

We do!


Niel - 23 minutes 32 second (fastest)

Conner - 26 minutes 18 seconds (fast)

Me - 29 minutes 26 seconds (slow)

My goal was to keep up with Conner. His old 5K record was 29 minutes 17 seconds. I figured keeping up with him would be a good goal. I guess football and all his other activities has gotten him to be really fast. It was evident about a half a mile in he was itching to speed up. I told him to go on ahead thinking he would wear himself out and I would catch up.

Guess what?

He kicked my butt! I never caught up!! But I was so proud of him for improving so much on his speed. Niel did so well too!! That is the fastest speed he has gotten in a while.

It was fun all around! I better get some stronger legs if I plan on keeping up with these fast men.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Or maybe it's because Conner has grown two feet and now has really long legs!! Great job!

Angela said...

Hey that is way faster than I would have run it! I am way out of shape. I hope to someday get back to where I was when I ran my last 5K.

Grams said...

Good for all of you!! That's the first of how many 5K's this year????

Anonymous said...

Wahoo!!! I think all those times are awesome!

Amy B. Jones said...

Brr! You're crazy! Amy, you would have beat me!!

Brooke said...

WOW! All I can say is WOW!! And...GREAT JOB ALL OF YOU!