Monday, June 28, 2010

My Favorite Charities

We've been busy lately.... and it has been a good type of busy.

Video Courtesy of KSL.com





Niel and I participated in the Run for Rex 5K event. Rex was diagnosed with an inoperable brain stem cancer (Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma or DIPG). I am good friends with Rex's dad, Steve Stuart, at work. When the chance came for us to participate in a 5K you can guess Niel and I were excited to run. Some others from work came and ran it too. It was amazing to see all the people who came out to support their family.

For more information or to donate, visit their blog here.

This is Rex and his Dad. My heart goes out to their family. I admire their love and courage.

I spent a night out with my mom at a benefit concert for a neighbor girl down the street. Desmond Rowley was diagnosed with Crohns. While undergoing treatment she was also diagnosed with Leukemia. She is the bravest little girl I have ever met. The benefit concert was incredible!!

You can visit her blog and donate here.

Desmond even got up and sang, "The Climb." She has a beautiful voice. She is a beautiful girl.


Every year I like to participate in the Blood Run. Unfortunately this year I just helped hand out packets and assist were needed. My entire family was out of town and I was home alone.

This is Carter Anderson. This handsome young man has Hemophilia. You wouldn't know it though. Carter is one of my very best friends son. Mya, Carters Mom, sets this fundraiser up every year. This year marks 3 years and I am impressed with the way this event is growing each year. It is always fun to be a part of a great cause.

Click here to find out more information about the Blood Run.


This year has seemed more challenging for many I know. I am so grateful for the many blessing and the health of our family. We have great opportunities to serve and help others. I hope we can all remember how blessed we are regardless of our circumstances.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

very touching entry, Amy. Made me especially grateful tonight. Thank you :)